- Extra cleaning and disinfecting have been approved to take place daily in all our facilities that are in use. All surfaces that are used daily such as door handles, sinks, toilets, table tops, buttons, levers, railings, and such will be wiped down with a sanitizer that can kill the virus.
- Staff who are ill or who have family members who are ill are being instructed to stay home for two weeks and seek a medical release before returning to work. PPF has voted to compensate for normal work hours so staff will not face hardship by needing to remain at home.
- We are respectfully asking any Penny Pincher Exchange customers, visitors, members, and volunteers to follow the same advice and stay home if you are ill, are living with an ill individual, or are in a high-risk group. Our understanding is that two weeks from the onset of symptoms is the current recommended isolation period.
- Church Services have been canceled by the Deacons until further notice. It is felt that large group gatherings with many potentially high-risk persons in attendance is a poor choice. Instead, we will be seeking alternatives for worship and spiritual development that does not entail gathering in large groups.
- Study Groups and Social Activities are canceled. Check the church calendar or call the church office with any questions.
- The March 19 Friendship Dinner has been cancelled by the Mission and Outreach Committee. Check the church website for updates on the April 16 dinner.
- Our office will remain open during regular business hours, unless staff coverage is not available. Please conduct as much business as possible over the telephone or via email.
- Our Community Center will remain open until further notice for private and community sponsored events/meetings at their discretion. Please check with the specific group to determine if they are meeting.
- The Penny Pinchers Exchange will remain open. The PPX Committee has decided to remain operating as other community businesses, observing extra care to sanitize the work environment. The committee will monitor government advisories and reassess their decision to remain open before each business day.
Lastly, Pastor MaryAnn asks that we let you know that the church office and parsonage are two places you can call if you have any needs or concerns. In the meantime, she will be calling and emailing people to touch base.
As changes occur, updates will be posted on this web site page found in the navigation links. The page will be taken down when the government health advisories are discontinued.
The Penny Pinchers Exchange will be CLOSED tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18th through April 7th in keeping with state government guidelines. At that time the Penny Pinchers Committee will assess whether or not to reopen. Please refer to this page for future updates.